In some cases, post-purchase upsells may not show. This is due to some of the limitations on the Shopify Post-purchase Extensions API. You can read more here.
One of the main reasons that post-purchase upsells may not appear is due to unsupported payment methods.
Supported Payment Methods
1-Click Upsells will be shown as long as your order meets Shopify's post-purchase requirements. One of these requirements is that a supported payment method is used. See a list of supported payment methods below:
- Shopify payments (for Credit Cards)
- Shop Pay
- PayPal Pro, PayPal PayFlow (when used with a credit card)
- PayPal Express (with Automatic Billing enabled)
- Braintree (without CVV verification enabled)
- Any other direct credit card payment processor that is embedded within Shopify's checkout (like Stripe).
Note: Shopify automatically sends a request for Automatic Billing Approval on your behalf when you install AfterSell. It usually gets accepted within a few days but we recommend checking its status until approved.
Unsupported Payment Methods
The following payment methods are currently unsupported for one click post-purchase upsells:
- Buy Now Pay Later
- Some examples include Affirm, AfterPay, or Klarna.
- Unsupported Payment Wallets
- Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, or Google Pay
- Gift Cards
- Any purchases made entirely with a gift card will not show AfterSell offers. If the order is paid partly with a gift card and partly with a supported payment method (e.g. $20 gift card on a $35 order), then AfterSell offers will be shown as normal.
What should I do if I have lots of orders from unsupported payment methods?
Depending on your store, you may get a lot of BNPL orders or you may be in a country that primarily uses an unsupported payment method such as Razorpay. If your store has lots of orders from unsupported payment methods, then we suggest using thank you page offers. Thank you page offers are a different type of post purchase upsell that you can offer using AfterSell and still convert really well. You can learn more about them here.
Updated 3 months ago